Pages

.

Ubisoft E3 2018 Predictions

Image result for ubisoftWhether it is a games as service or an open world action-adventure game, Ubisoft has been anything but lacking on new games and content to follow. This past March, we got "Far Cry 5" and its DLC will follow. What follows this year isn't entirely known and that may be the most exciting part. Today, I give you my predictions for what Ubisoft has in store for us this E3 and I invite you to leave a comment of your's.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
The next "Assassin's Creed" game is going to be set in Ancient Greece, a location I would have guessed myself. "Assassin's Creed: Odyssey" has been confirmed to make an appearance at E3. I believe the official reveal trailer will result in an October release date, perhaps Friday, October 6 since the three Fridays to follow have the likes of "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4," "Battlefield V" and "Red Dead Redemption 2."

Beyond Good and Evil 2
The long-awaited sequel to "Beyond Good and Evil" was passionately revealed last year. This year's E3 will no doubt see Ubisoft further explain what this game is all about, presumably with a cinematic trailer. I don't think we get full gameplay quite yet. A release year won't be given either, although I'm feeling holiday season of 2019.

The Division 2
It is no secret that "The Division 2" is going to be prominently featured by Ubisoft at E3. I think they will give a deep look at the improvements on the many aspects of "The Division," as well as a general combination of both cinematics and gameplay. Release date? I don't think "The Division 2" will be out until the summer of 2019, right before E3 2019 if I was to guess. The trailer(s) will close with 2019 but Ubisoft will proceed to promise Q2 of next year.
Image result for division 2 ubisoft
For Honor
E3 will see "For Honor;" that I am certain of. It won't be a sequel but more content, further justifying the games as service model the publisher has been using for some of their big titles. I think it will be a brief look but a look at what is to come later this year and even in 2019 for "For Honor" fans.

Rainbow Six Siege
Image result for rainbow six siegeLike "For Honor," Ubisoft will continue to support "Rainbow Six: Siege." It is a huge multiplayer game for e-sports and Twitch and fans love the progress in content Ubisoft has come to provide and I see this game being supported well into 2019 for sure. E3 will show us what that entails.

Rayman
"Rayman" is a series of platformers that was critically acclaimed with its reboot series but it's been more than a few years since "Rayman: Legends." I believe the next game will be shown at Ubisoft's press conference with a release date of this August and will be available day and date on the Switch with the other platforms.

Splinter Cell
Thanks to his appearance in "Tom Clany's Ghost Recon: Wildlands," Sam Fisher is once again in the limelight. All signs practically point to a new "Splinter Cell" game, one that has Michael Ironside reprise his role. I firmly believe we'll see the next game shown off with great attention by Ubisoft and a 2019 release window, likely a title we don't get until after next year's E3.
Image result for sam fisher ghost recon wildlands
Watch Dogs 3
"Watch Dogs 3" will be released in March. I don't think that release date is given to us yet but I do believe Ubisoft will show us a trailer and talk a little about "Watch Dogs 3," a game that will have a spring 2019 release window, perfect for capping off the fiscal year that apparently has two big games to release still. I see those games as "Assassin's Creed: Odyssey" this fall and "Watch Dogs 3" next spring. The main character will probably be someone new since Marcus Holloway's story came to a close in the last game, as Aiden Pearce's did prior. The setting? I think New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment